Tuesday 4 June 2013

My Beloved: Our Wedding Anniversary



I can hardly believe it has been almost a year! James and I were married 10 days after we physically met for the first time, that's crazy huh! We were married June 28th 2012 on the beach front of my home town in Yeppoon, Queensland in Australia. It was a very intimate ceremony with no one but James, I the Pastor and 2 witnesses.

The past year has had many heartbreaks and trials for both of us. I had a custody battle to bring my babies with me to the states, and was not granted permission to leave with them. James is a Staff Sergeant in the Army, so he couldn't relocate, so I moved. It was the single hardest thing I have ever had to do, but my kids are all happy and settled back with their Dads and my Mumma, and James has proven time and again just how much he loves me. He is a very, very good husband and he is my best friend. So what do I love about my beloved? There are so many qualities he possess that I admire, but his actions are what really floor me. Here are just a few things I can think of off of the top of my head:

I can ask James to go upstairs and get me a drink. He will ask what of? One day I couldn't decide between Tea or lemonande. Next thing I know, down comes my husband with a lemonade in one hand and a cup of tea in the other, he brought me both so I wouldn't have to choose.

The first time I visited the States I had to return home to a court hearing. My legal counsel said it was imperative that James was present for it. We were broke, so what could we do? The day I was due to leave, James drove to a car yard and sold his pick up truck! Now that in itself is MASSIVE, but this was not just any truck. James had come home from a 18 month deployment to Afghanistan and this truck was his gift to himself for his service. He sold that truck and bought a ticket, so with no planning and a quick pack of a suitcase, James and I flew back to Australia that afternoon.

James had to come back to the states for the Army, so I was left in Australia with on-going court proceedings. After 4 weeks I was an emotional wreck. One day on the phone James said to me "If you need me just say the word, I don't know how, but I will come stand by your side." And he did! a week later he touched down in Australia.

My husband does laundry. I hate laundry. He says he isn't fond of it either but he says that it makes me happy when he does it, which makes him happy.

He cooks, yes! He cooks and he bakes. I do as well, we cook together. There are not many things we don't do together. We go to the gym together, we hang out together, we do our religious studies together, we start school together in the fall, we go for bike rides and hang out at the library. James and I are like Peas and Carrots and I absolutely love the life we share.

So there is a bit of mushy reading for you all. Our anniversary countdown is on and I am one excited woman. In August when his parents return from their mission we will be sealed in The Great Salt Lake Temple, with a reception following afterwards, so stay tuned for news of that sometime soon.
Thanks for reading and please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment